Cat® PAYLOAD technologies give loading tool operators instant feedback that helps them load precisely the right amount of material every time, optimizing production and reducing excessive truck wear and damage. Plus, they enable managers to accurately track hourly and daily production while monitoring material movement in real time.
What Is Cat PAYLOAD?
Cat PAYLOAD technology includes hardware components such as sensors, electronic control modules and displays, plus software that calculates payload weight and related data.
- In-cab displays show bucket and truck load weights, track load counts, material movement, productivity and fuel efficiency.
- Cat PAYLOAD technologies for hauling tools also include payload lamps and external scoreboard displays to indicate load status to the loader operator.
- Available for select Cat Wheel Loaders, Articulated and Off-Highway Trucks, Excavators and Wheel Tractor Scrapers.
What Does It Do For ME?
Cat PAYLOAD technologies provide on-the-go load weighing to help operators hit exact loading targets, every time. The system brings payload weighing into the cab, helping operators work more productively.
Operators can view load weights in real time on the in-cab monitor and know precisely how much material is in the bucket and in the truck, every load. Complete integration with the machine systems and in-cab monitor ensures precision on-board weighing with simple, intuitive control.
- Loading tool and hauler operators can track daily productivity from the cab, with quick access to payload weights, load and cycle counts, and daily totals.
- Eliminate overloading, under-loading and misloading. When operators put the right amount of the right material on every truck, you achieve higher total production and move the right material to the right place the first time.
- Eliminating overloads also reduces hauler wear and tear, which saves service, repair and tire costs while helping to extend hauler service life.
Monitor & Manage Production
- When combined with LINK technologies, managers can track daily production tonnage and truck load counts as well as get quick access to key performance indicators such as tons/hour and tons/fuel burned.
- PAYLOAD also works with LINK technologies to enable managers to see how much and what kinds of materials have been moved to specific locations or in and out of a jobsite or quarry yard.
Comprehensive reporting helps you evaluate the best ways to manage your operations for maximum efficiency, productivity and profitability. Reporting includes:
- Production tonnage by material type, truck ID and operator ID
- Efficiency—tons/gallons of fuel
- Cycle counts, cycles/hour, tons/cycle
How Do I Put PAYLOAD Technologies To Work?
Cat PAYLOAD technologies are available on new Cat equipment from the factory or as dealer-installed options. Some systems are available as retrofits for select Cat loading and hauling equipment.
Patten Cat can help you choose the right technologies, manage installation if needed and train your people to help you get the best possible return on your investment.
Note: Cat PAYLOAD technologies require VisionLink® Advanced Productivity subscription for wireless connectivity via Product Link cellular radio, or VIMSpc software and cable for connected data download.
Available PAYLOAD Technologies
Cat Production Measurement
Working with fully integrated standard machine components, payload weight is measured on the go and displayed on the standard touch-screen monitor. There’s no need to install an additional display. Plus, it collects payload weight and cycle count data for download or transmission via Cat LINK technologies.
For Hydraulic Excavators
- Weighs loads as the boom swings with no interruption in the loading cycle.
- Transfer-On-Weigh previews material weight plus total truck payload so operators can tip-off excess material from the bucket to achieve the desired weight.
- Overload Alert notifies operator on-screen when the final load will exceed truck payload limit.
- Available on select Cat F-Series Hydraulic Excavators.
For Wheel Loaders
- Tip-Off modes help the operator quickly adjust the last bucket load during the final pass.
- Exclusive low-lift weighing allows operator to weigh loads without running through the entire lift cycle.
- Provides useful productivity and efficiency reporting both onboard to the operator and off-board to the project/site supervisor.
- Existing machines can be easily retrofitted by Patten Cat.
- Available on Cat K2 and M-Series Small Wheel Loaders; L- and M-Series Medium Wheel Loaders; and K-Series Large Wheel Loaders.
For Articulated Trucks
- Payload lamps and external scoreboard displays provide loader operators with accurate, onboard load status information.
- Available for Cat C-Series Articulated Trucks.
Truck Production Management
Indicator lamps on the truck body alert loader operators when they are on their last pass and signal when the truck is fully loaded.
For Off-Highway Trucks
- Indicator lamps show loader operators when they are on their last pass and when the truck is fully loaded.
- Stores 2,400 payload cycles. Reports on weights, haul cycle times and distances with date and time stamps.
- Available for all Cat Off-Highway Trucks.
Calculates the payload weight in the scraper bowl. Works in conjunction with the Sequence Assist automated cycle function.
For Wheel Tractor Scrapers
- Works in conjunction with the Sequence Assist automated cycle function.
- Helps to prevent underloads that reduce production and overloads than may cause excessive machine and tire wear.
- Available on Cat K-Series Wheel Tractor Scrapers.