Cat® DETECT technologies help operators maintain better awareness of what’s happening around their equipment, enabling them to work more safely and confidently all shift long.
What Is Cat DETECT?
Cat DETECT technology includes hardware components such as cameras, sensors and displays that work with sophisticated onboard software to improve operator awareness of the jobsite environment.
A wide range of technologies is available to equip any machine—existing or new, regardless of manufacturer—with valuable safety and awareness capabilities.
What Does It Do for Me?
Cat DETECT technologies improve operator awareness, creating a safer jobsite that enables operators to work more confidently and productively.
- Enhanced safety reduces the costs associated with jobsite incidents and accidents, including lost personnel time, equipment damage and lost production.
- Some technologies allow for event reporting and recording for use in training and safety improvement programs.
How Do I Get It?
Cat DETECT technologies are available for many types of equipment, regardless of age or manufacturer. They are available from the factory on new Cat equipment and as aftermarket or retrofits from Cat and SITECH dealers.
What Cat DETECT Technologies Are Available?
A range of Cat DETECT technologies lets you configure a system suited to your job needs, fleet and budget.
Camera Systems give operators better visibility to the immediate area around their equipment.
- Rear Vision Camera – Single-camera system gives operators a clear view of the area behind their machine.
- Work Area Vision System (WAVS) – Multiple cameras give operators a better view of the working environment around their equipment.
DETECT for Personnel uses RFID (Scan-Link) technology to alert operators when ground personnel approach their machines.
- Object Detection combines cameras and radar sensors to automatically alert operators to hazards.
- Seat-Belt Monitoring encourages operators to buckle up.
Cat Machine Security System (MSS) keeps your equipment safe by giving you control over who can operate your machines and when.
- Fatigue & Distraction Monitoring helps operators maintain their focus and stay alert during long shifts.
Request More Information
Submit the form below to request more information about Cat Detect Technology from your Patten Cat Sales Rep.